I took a few photographs when I recently used my To Faced A` La Mode Eyes Palette. I really enjoy this palette. I thought that Monaco (a beautiful, intense magenta) was going to be scary but it isn't scary in the least. In fact, it is surprisingly wearable!
My eye look is comprised of:
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Too Cool over Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer. I loathe that particular Color Tattoo. It is patchy, stiff and unpleasant. But I needed a nice, bright base so I used it. Yuk.
- Too Faced Monaco all over my lid, lash to crease.
- Jardin just above my orbital bone as a kind of transition shade and under my lower lashes.
- De La Mer in the outer corner and blended into my crease and pulled just slightly up onto my orbital bone. I tried to be careful to keep De La Mer from overtaking Monaco.
- Riviera on my brow bone and inner corner for highlight.
- Stila Smudge Stick in Tetra to line my upper lash line.
- Loreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara. Just one generous coat.
I like how bright and pretty these colours are, how beautifully they blend together to form gradients that look like the sky at sunrise and sunset, how bright can be fun but not in the least bit scary or intimidating.
I'm too sexy for my hair turbie! :P
On the rest of my face:
- Revlon ColorStay foundation in 150 Buff.
- Jane Iredale Circle Delete Concealer in Peach.
- Maybelline Age Rewind concealer in Brightening under my eyes and as a highlighter.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer.
- Maybelline Master Highlight Blush in Pink Rose.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash.
- Rimmel Stay Glossy lip gloss in Non Stop Glamour.
With a neutral lip. This is the Rimmel Stay Glossy lip gloss in Non Stop Glamour. This gloss is a sheer nude with a beautiful gold shimmer. It's a fave. The nude lip makes my overall skin tone look a little more tan.
Hair is styled with a bit of Derm Organic and Alterna products. I am trying to learn how to work with my natural wurl (wave/curl) hair texture. My results are still hit or miss but I'll get the hang of it. Rocking my natural texture is easier on my hair since it has gotten so thin and I have to wear it so short, for now. Would anyone be interested in a detailed post on how I do my hair up all wurly? (Did that sound way too conceited?)
Okay, so, there is my eye look done with my Too Faced A` La Mode Eyes palette featuring Monaco.
Did you pick up this palette, yet? What do you think of it? Are you enjoying it as much as I am? Were you a little scared off by Monaco? Now that you see that it isn't scary, at all, will you dive in? Please do tell.
Thank you so much for coming in and reading. Take care and have a beautiful day!