Spring brings new makeup to tempt us with brighter colours, softer finishes and of course, pretty, pretty packaging.
Too Faced, a brand that is swiftly becoming a great favorite of mine has released a new Limited Edition eye shadow collection palette for Spring/Summer. The A` La Mode Eyes Sexy St. Tropez Eye Shadow Collection palette is a grouping of nine shadows in shimmer, matte and pearl shades curated to create Summer sunset eye looks. I think that it will also create Spring flower looks, Autumn foliage looks, Holiday Glamour looks... This palette is full of colours that will transition from season to season.
Packaged in the new Too Faced tin packaging with a magnetic closure, this palette feels substantial without being bulky or heavy. The palette is a little on the compact side, making it a great size for popping into a carry on bag or your purse. The magnetic closure is strong enough to keep the lid safely closed without being difficult to open. I don't have any trouble with this closure suddenly coming open, as I do with my beloved Too Faced Chocolate Bar Collection Palette. The colours on this packaging are brilliant and evocative of a cabana on a beach in the South of France.
Packaged with the palette is a Glamour Guide that details the shades included and gives suggestions for eye looks. I kept mine long enough to take this photograph then I pitched it. I wouldn't use it and I don't like clutter so... Buh-bye!
When you open the A` La Mode Eyes palette you will see a navy blue interior, a nice sized mirror and of course, the main attraction. Nine stunning eye shadows. There are soft, light tones, a few neutrals and some fun, fancy brights. A mix of colours that can create just about any kind of eye look one could imagine, from simple and chic to all out smokey glam.
There are three large, light toned shadows; each weigh 2 g/0.07 oz. Net Wt. 6.0 g/0.21 oz.
There are six smaller, neutral and bright shadows; each weigh 0.9 g/ 0.03 oz. Net Wt. 5.4 g/0.18 oz.
Total Net Weight - 11.4 g/0.39 oz. (If my math is right. ;))
I don't know what it is but when I received my A` La Mode Eyes palette in the mail, my shadow, Soliel was loose, floating around in the palette when I opened it. Really? Another palette with a loose shadow in it? I have heard complaints from others about loose shadows in their palettes, too. Straighten that business out, Too Faced. For the price you command for your palettes, we should not have to deal with this nonsense. It's not a deal breaker for me but it is annoying.
Now that I am done complaining, let's feast our peepers on swatches and run down the colours, shall we? These swatches are on lightly moisturized skin, over primer.
I need to work on my lighting. These swatches look like hell. *hangs head*
The three large shadows are:
- St. Tropez: A soft ivory matte with fine gold glitter. This shadow is a bit stiff to the touch and very sheer. The gold glitter isn't super thick or obnoxious. The shadow it's self has low pigmentation and payoff. I would suggest this over a glitter glue base or to top another shadow for a touch of sparkle. Just don't expect a lot of colour under the sparkle.
- Riviera: A gentle peach pearl. This shadow is soft and slightly velvety to the touch and has good pigmentation and payoff. This is a pretty all over lid or highlight shadow.
- La Croisette: Soft white pearl. This is a beautiful highlight and inner corner brightener. A tad stiff and dry, this has nice pigmentation and payoff but is a little flaky and needs a little care to blend smoothly.
The six smaller shadows are:
- Cannes: Copper shimmer. A touch stiff to the touch, is a little flaky upon application but blends out beautifully.
- Jardin: Soft, coral rose shimmer. This one is softer to the touch, the pigmentation and payoff are very nice and it blends like a dream. I love this for a transition, inner third of the lid, all over lid colour. It may be my fave of this palette.
- Monaco: Matte magenta with a slight purple duochrome shift. A little stiff to the touch, the pigmentation and payoff are terrific and it lays down on the lid and blends so nicely. I love this colour. I never thought I'd say that!
- Soliel: Cocoa base with a rose pearl. Soft to the touch, this shadow has beautiful pigmentation and payoff.
- Cote d` Azure: Taupe/brown radiant pearl. This shadow is exquisitely soft and velvety to the touch and applies and blends flawlessly.
- De La Mer: Navy blue matte with a cobalt duochrome shift. This. Shadow. is. Gorgeous. It is a bit stiff and dry to the touch and requires a little care upon application and blending it out. This shadow has beautiful pigmentation and payoff but it is flaky, beware of fallout! This is beautiful for smokey looks or as a liner.
Overall, I love the Too Faced A` La Mode Eyes Sexy St. Tropez Eye Shadow Collection palette. The shadows are great quality and with one notable exception, all have plenty of pigmentation and payoff. The colours are versatile and appealing and I am having a lot of fun with them. I am really getting in to brighter colours, these days. Lips, eyes... I have taken a huge step out of my little box and I am enjoying the view.
Do you own the Too Faced A` La Mode Eyes palette? What do you think about it? If you would like to pick it up, you can find it at Ulta or on their website, the Too Faced website and in a collection from Sephora. It retails for $36.00 and it is worth every penny, if you ask me.
Thank you so much for coming by and reading my review and have a beautiful day.