Presenting the NYX Suede Collection. I saw this palette while perusing blogs and, because I can't resist eye shadow palettes, was intrigued and had to go find it and buy it. Now, I have to tell you, I haven't been too impressed with NYX eye shadows in the past so I wasn't holding out too much hope for this palette. Why you might ask, did I buy it, then? I don't know. Thought I might as well as not.
Shall we take a look at the item up for discussion?
The NYX Suede Collection is an eight pan eye shadow collection housed in a slim, very lightweight paperboard palette with a swing up lid, a thin clear plastic window and a magnetic closure. The contents weighs in at 0.08 oz. or 1.7 g and this palette retails for $11.99 on the Ulta website.
The eye shadow pans inside the palette are actually pretty good sized. The colours are very much Autumn in feel, warm, richer and a little darker. All of the shadows are shimmers.
Ah, here is where the rubber meets the road. Swatches. These are over primer, of course. Don't these shadows look like Autumn leaves? Just looking at this palette makes me wish that it would cool down and the leaves would start changing here, already.
- Cream White Shimmer. This one is a bit frosty. Good pigmentation. Just... Frosty.
- Soft Gold. Slightly sheer. Very pretty.
- Bright, Polished Bronze. Really nice pigmentation. A bit... Tinny-shiny.
- Copper. Very pretty. Great pigmentation.
- Warm, slightly blackened Olive Green, with a gold shimmer. Nice pigmentation.
- Medium Brown with a gold shimmer. Pretty nice pigmentation.
- Blackened blue with a bit of a duochrome shift and a blue fleck. This one is kind of interesting, swatched.
- Medium reddish brown satin with a bit of shimmer running through it. Very good pigmentation.
These shadows are pretty nice. They are far better quality than the NYX single shadows I own. The shadows in the Suede Collection are soft, velvety to the touch, have very good pigmentation and colour payoff. They can be quite flaky and one needs to use care to tap off one's brush and watch for fallout, especially with the darker shades. These apply easily, blend nicely. I get good wear from them over primer. Remember, I don't have oily lids and they don't eat shadow. YMMV, of course.
I say, if you are on a budget or just want to try NYX, get thee to an Ulta store (or their website) or other retailer that carries NYX and see if you can find this palette. It is full of pretty, wearable, versatile shades. It is a solid performer and, in my opinion is a good value for the price.
Do you own the NYX Suede Collection? What do you think of it? Please do tell.
Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. Have yourself a beautiful day!