I recently purchased an eye shadow collection and a blush from Beauty From the Earth Cosmetics and in my order was a set of sample baggies containing five spooky glam multi tasking minerals that are part of their soon to be released Hallowe'en 2014 Collection. These five colours are The Shining Collection, named for familiar phrases from the iconic horror story, The Shining by Steven King. Please don't hate me... I know that so many people love the movie but I far, far prefer the book to the movie.
Rather like movie adaptations of Steven King novels that can get the job done but not fully immerse you in the story, my swatch photograph will give you a good idea of the beauty to be had when this collection releases. But to get the full impact of these beautiful shadows, you will really need to see them in person.
Let's take a quick look at the goodies, shall we? These swatches are over lightly moisturized skin and eye shadow primer. I always use primer when I apply and wear eye shadow and that is how I always swatch shadows, unless I state otherwise.
Beauty From the Earth The Shining Hallowe'en 2014 Eye Shadow Collection:
- Overlook Hotel: A blackened aubergine with copper fleck.
- Room 217: A deceptively demure rose with an ectoplasmic floating blue shimmer and blue and multi coloured fleck.
- Killer Topiary: In the book, the sinister greenery was not a maze, it was sculpted bushes. This new leaf green is augmented with a floating gold shift and blue fleck.
- Redrum: Soft, rusty matte red. When do you plan to clean that up? You know it's going to stain, don't you?
- Heere's Johnnie! This is a saturated purple with a lighter purple floating shimmer and a blue fleck.
What did I tell you? Gorgeous, yes?
I think I need to own these in the full size. These are fun for this time of year but they are versatile enough to mix and match all year around.
What do you think of the upcoming BFTE The Shining Collection? Like what you see? Think that you are going to need it, too? Like BFTE on Facebook to stay updated and be in the know when this beautiful collection is ready for purchase.
Thank you so much for coming by and reading. Happy Fall, gentle reader! Have a beautiful day.