Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

::affiliate::

One of the most useful and beautiful makeup products I have tried, lately is the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I have been curious about this primer for a long time and I decided to buy the snack sized version, 0.33 oz. for $18.00 so that I could test drive it, see if I liked it and wanted to invest in the full size.

Packaged in a simple, frosted glass bottle with a black pump and cap, this mini is surprisingly elegant in it's appearance.

This lovely, silky formula smooths the skin, softens and diffuses fine lines, blurs imperfections, helps to minimize pores and provides some UV protection (a little bit... this is not an excuse to skip your hardcore sunscreen, gentle reader), thanks to it's chemical free SPF 15. A little bit goes a long way and I'm getting a lot of use out of my small size bottle. This primer locks my foundation or CC cream down all day long and, even tho it is meant to be mattifying, I don't find it to be drying. I also love to mix this primer with Cover FX Custom Cover Drops to make my own very lightweight, custom foundation.

Beauty Blogger Math Ahead:

I like this primer so much and I am planning to buy a full size, very soon. The one ounce bottle is $52.00. The two ounce jumbo sized tube is $72.00. That might sound like a lot of money and it is, but when you think about it... If you're going to buy this stuff on the regular, you're better off buying the jumbo size and saving some money. Two one ounce bottles will set you back $104.00. Buying the jumbo size two ounce tube for $72.00 will save you $32.00. That's an eye shadow palette or a foundation or a luxury lipstick...

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is cruelty free, from reading the ingredients list seems to be vegan and is gluten free.

Have you tried the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer? How much do you love it?

::affiliate::

55 comments

1. I tried a travel-sized sample of this primer and it's absolutely fantastic! Easily THE best primer I've ever used.

2. Allison @neversaydiebeautyJune 8, 2015 at 9:02 AM

You have mentioned how much you like this primer before, so I need to dig mine out and give it a go as you suggest with CoverFX CCD. That's on my agenda for today! I'm used to the more siliconed primers so this one didn't feel as hydrating and slippy to me, but I think I need to try it out again.

ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds promising! Right now I use the Rimmel Stay Matte primer, haha. That works well for me...but I'm always looking to upgrade!

ReplyDelete
  4. I use it over well hydrated skin and it works for me. I love it with the drops... It makes the prettiest, weightless finish. I'm planning a post on that, soon. :D

ReplyDelete
  5. Snack size version, lol. Love that description. I haven't tried this primer yet, but I love Hourglass products, even though they are pricey.

ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the effect that the primer has on my skin, but I do wish it was a tad bit more mattifying. I figure I'll just add a little extra powder and I'll be good to go!

ReplyDelete
  7. OMG MATH. Kidding. Your math makes complete sense. This sounds awesome. Hourglass is a slippery slope. I want to try more from them but they are on the high end of what I feel I can spend. I bought a blush palette and I cherish it. I wonder if I can talk to my husband about a "push present" here LOL!!

8. rachlovespenguinsJune 8, 2015 at 12:35 PM

I had a deluxe sample of this a while back, and even that came in a frosted glass bottle! The physical sunscreens make it a no-go for me now, but I remember liking it a lot back when those ingredients didn't cause me any issues. I think I'll try the No 28 Primer Serum sometime though since it doesn't appear that anything in there is on my "no" list.

ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. :D I love the Hourglass products I have and I would love to get more. I need to rob a bank. lol

ReplyDelete
  10. Mattifying is not a problem I have. lol It is lovely and smoothing, tho. I appreciate how it locks down my makeup, too.

ReplyDelete
  11. The push present should sparkle and be set in precious metal. Just saying. ;) But yeah... This is a good thing for those post partum days. Indeed. :D

ReplyDelete
  12. I like the packaging, even for the little size. It's funny, you can do physical sunscreen and I can't do chemical. lol

13. rachlovespenguinsJune 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM

The physical stuff is murder on my eyes! It's borderline funny/ridiculous at this point, considering HOW MUCH information I read about physical sunscreens being the least reactionary. I see words like 'natural' and 'minerals' and am immediately like "OMG KEEP IT AWAY FROM ME!" hahahahaha

ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you called this snack size, haha. That is the best. I've tried a deluxe sample of this and loooooved it!

ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like such a lovely primer. Love the math.

16. Kimberly PurcellJune 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM

I've been given a couple of samples of Hourglass products and I liked them. I'm a bit freaked out by the price though.

17. Color Me So CrazyJune 8, 2015 at 5:43 PM

I would love to use this with the FX drops. I need this kind of primer to cover my pores a little more since they are a little bigger around my cheeks so this may do the trick. I need super duty. Lol

ReplyDelete
  18. I think this is for a more oily skin than mine though I could be wrong. I wasn't about to spend $52 to find out though. I'm glad you like it so much.

ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard very good things about this - thanks for the review! I'll ask for a sample asap.

20. Cosmetic SanctuaryJune 8, 2015 at 8:39 PM

I need to branch out more with Hourglass! I've used their blushes, bronzers and highlighters - but nothing else! I've heard good things about this!

ReplyDelete
  21. This stuff is so good. I was amazed at how good it is. I love their powder and blush. I'd like to explore the bronzer and lipsticks.

22. Do get a sample. It's lovely! :D

ReplyDelete
  23. That's why I started with a snack size. I figured that I could swallow eighteen bucks if I hated it. $52.00? Not so much. lol

ReplyDelete
  24. This may do ya. YMMV, of course. :D I love this with the drops.

ReplyDelete
  25. The price is not low. That is why I started out with the little one. I think I need a big one, tho. I kinda love this stuff.

ReplyDelete
  26. Hee! Hee! Thanks. If I can make the numbers swing my way, you know I'ma going to do it. ;)

ReplyDelete
  27. That's my catch word for deluxe samples. I hate that companies call them "deluxe." They are mini! Tiny! Little! I'm ranting. This stuff is fantastic and I love it.

ReplyDelete
  28. I love what little stuff I have tried from the Hourglass brand.

ReplyDelete
  29. I hear so many great things about this product - I would totally try it if I needed it :)

ReplyDelete
  30. I found a sample of this today while rooting through my stash. I haven't tried it, but I do love my Hourglass Ambient light products. So luxe!

31. This is one of my fave primers, definitely worth the splurge

ReplyDelete
  32. This sounds like an amazing primer! I have to give this primer a try!

ReplyDelete
  33. Even though it's pricey, its SO worth it!

ReplyDelete
  34. *phew* that price! But if it works, and you know you like it, that money is always well spent!

ReplyDelete
  35. I'm so iffy about primers.. I usually hate them but this one sounds like I need to try it!

ReplyDelete
  36. I like primers. My skin eats foundation unless I use them. I just have to find primers that won't suck all of the moisture out of my face like a silicone vampire.

ReplyDelete
  37. Exactly! And a little goes a long way, it isn't as if you're blasting through a quarter of a bottle every time you use it.

ReplyDelete
  38. I encourage you to do so. It's lovely stuff.

ReplyDelete
  39. I agree. I don't mind shelling out when something is gorgeous and worth the money.

ReplyDelete
  40. Get it on your face! It should be okay for your skin type, as it's very lightweight and oil free but it's not dehydrating.

ReplyDelete
  41. If you don't need it... Don't bother. Hee! Hee! I use foundation primer because my skin gobbles up foundation if I don't. Even now, that I'm dry as bleached desert bones my skin will obliterate my face makeup in hours. Don't ask me why. :P

ReplyDelete
  42. I do, as well. I have a powder and a blush and a snack sized long wear lippie and I dig all of them. I want #allofthehourglassthings

ReplyDelete
  43. I hear about this one ALL the time! It is supposed to be incredible!

ReplyDelete
  44. This sounds very nice. I love your reasoning there are the end! ;)

ReplyDelete
  45. I need to try this. One of my favorite YouTubers loves it and I'm always hearing good things about it. Plus, I have oily skin, so I think it would work nicely for me.

ReplyDelete
  46. Definitely give it a try. It's a beautiful primer and seems to work for many skin types. I'm super dry and it works for me, too. :D

ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks. Just helping out my fellow makeup junkies.

ReplyDelete
  48. It is soooo good! You must try it.

ReplyDelete
  49. I hve really been wanting to try these!

ReplyDelete

I love to know what you're thinking. I dig honest discourse and lively discussion, even a good debate. I do not dig spam, hate speech or personal attacks either against myself or my gentle readers. Comments are moderated before they post to maintain a harmonious community.