Well kids. It's that time again. Time for my annual Fourth of July Nail Art Fiasco. That time when I take perfectly lovely red, white and blue polishes... Possibly a glitter or two and abuse them terribly in my attempt to celebrate Independence Day on my nails.
This year's victims are SinfulColors polishes from their Having a Blast Collection. I received these in the mail and decided to use them for a nail art feature, since there are swatches a - plenty to be had.
The polishes used in today's attempts are:
- Hot Spot: A navy shimmer crelly.
- Ruby Ruby: Classic red shimmer crelly.
- Out of This World: Semi sheer silver foil with a bluish shift.
- Snow Me White: Crisp white creme.
- Star Blast Off: Red, white and blue tiny, medium hex and large star mix in a clear-ish base. I don't know if it was tinted pink on purpose or if the red glitter bled and tinted the clear base. Either way, the tint is a bummer, when applied over white.
As far as I know, these polishes are repromotes.
This is nail art look number one.
And number two.
As usual, I just can't get it right. But doing so would break the tradition and we can't have that now, can we?
SinfulColors polishes are $1.99 each and are available at SinfulColors website, Walgreen's, WalMart and other retailers that carry the line.
I hope that you all of my fellow Americans have a fun, happy and safe Fourth of July. Don't forget the sunscreen and please, please remember; pets are afraid of fireworks! For their safety and happiness, make sure that they are securely indoors for the shows. They will thank you.