//sent for consideration//
I recently had the very great pleasure of being able to review the Luminess Air Airbrush Makeup System. A system which I very much like and enjoy. Now, Luminess is launching, Tuesday October 27th on QVC at 10:00 P.M. with host Shawn Killinger a new line of airbrush makeup. Named Air Supremacy, the Starter Kit will premier once at a price of $49.00. (Retail Value is $175.00)
Luminess kindly sent me a Starter Kit to try. This is what you will receive with your purchase:
- Air Primer
- Spray - On Airbrush Foundation in your chosen shade range. (My shades are in the Fair range.)
- Spray - On Airbrush Blush in Soft Rose.
- Travel Makeup Sealant
- Pro - Air Blender
- Get Started Guide
- Leaflet Detailing Other Products in the Line
The Starter Kit will be available in four shades.
I have been experimenting with my Starter Kit, trying the various shades, application methods and I have learned a few things. First, the Air Primer, while effective is a bit drying for my #driedoutoldhag skin. I think it is best for younger/oilier/normal skins. Second, how much I like this Spray - On Airbrush Foundation. I wear Shade 2, Bloom. Shade 3, Golden Beige is too dark. Third, my preferred application method. I'm a spray it on the plump, butt end of a damp Beauty Blender and bounce it all over my face kinda girl. I like a light/medium coverage and spraying the makeup directly on my face gives me more coverage than I need or desire. Also, this foundation sets to a lovely, touchable, velvety finish and if I apply too much, it can break in my fine lines and creases. A lighter layer, applied with a damp sponge, then lightly set with powder wears more successfully on my maturing complexion.
I also apply the Spray on Airbrush Blush with my Beauty Blender. I spray it on the blunt end, bounce it onto my cheekbones, blending up and back, toward my temples, giving me that soft, from under my skin flush I like. I have always worn a paler cheek, it's just the look I prefer. This blush can be applied directly with the soft mist can, (I am a klutz with it, seriously, I just can't) sprayed on a sponge, like I do or onto a soft brush and buffed onto the cheeks. There is really no right or wrong. Just do you. Do what feels right for your skin and needs. This makeup is very adaptable.
So, here I am, with my Beauty Blender, applying my foundation. In the interest of full disclosure, I routinely use editing to lighten my under eye area in my photographs. I have monster dark circles under my eyes and even with corrector, concealer, foundation and lighting... I need extra help. I feel too self conscious posting my photos with my awful circles just hanging out there, for the whole world to see.
My finished makeup look. I love that Spray On Airbrush Blush. It is the perfect soft flush. I did a quick, easy neutral eye look with my Too Faced Star Dust palette, mascara is a sample of a MAC mascara and my lippie is YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Pink in Confidence. I tried the Makeup Sealant. It seems to work just fine.
Luminess Air Supremacy Airbrush Foundations will be available in twelve shades from fair to deep. There will also be:
- Air Supremacy Blush in three shades. Rose, Natural and Apricot.
- Air Supremacy Cocktail Mists A range of Airbrush Beauty Mists including primers, makeup sealants, bronzers and complexion enhancers.
- Air Supremacy Eye Shadow Collection A classic airbrush eye shadow collection for an easy to apply flawless, refined look.
- Air Supremacy Body Shimmers Four elegant shades to illuminate your skin with subtle shimmer.
- Air Supremacy Hide Out Body Cover Designed to to cover tattoos, bruises, varicose veins, and other skin blemishes. The Soft Mist application allows it to apply and blend flawlessly, it is lightweight, long lasting and should not transfer.
So, what do you think? Have you tried spray on foundations or other makeup? Do you think that you will purchase a Luminess Air Supremacy starter kit when this launches on QVC Tuesday, 10/27 at 10 P.M.?
//sent for consideration//