Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Blush Palette | My Notes and Swatches
I am a little sad that this particular series of reviews is coming to an end. Besides the Naked collection, the Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Collection collaboration is my favorite from Urban Decay and if it had been in my budget to do so, I would have purchased the whole damned thing, just because I think it is that lovely and special.
The final item I have to share with you from the Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Collection collaboration is the Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Blush Palette.
Presentation of the blush palette is similar to that of the eye shadow palette. A gold, black geometric stripe embossed box holds a heavy plastic and acrylic palette of the same build and dimensions with white and gold detailing. I like that the shadow and blush palettes have different coloured dots on top, it makes grabbing the one I want easy. Black dots, shadow, white dots, blush. Yes. Again, perfect attention to detail. I like that.
Please lift the magnetized lid to see a full sized mirror also printed with "Magic's in the Makeup." Tucked snugly below the mirror, each in it's own designated spot are six pans of cheek colour. While each shade is given a specific purpose by Urban Decay, one can easily mix, match and use the different colours as one would see fit.
A close up gander at the goods. I feel as if this palette was curated for me. Soft, easy shades and tones that, when applied with a wispy brush and a light hand are perfect for my fair, neutral skin and deliver the look I prefer. That said, I believe that this palette can easily work for beauties with darker skin as the powders are pigmented and build up beautifully.
Shall we take a look at the individual shades and swatches?
- Cherry: A girlie pink satin. This is my favorite of the bunch. My brush just automatically goes into this one and it's beautiful on the skin.
- Easy: Deep rose pink with a gold shimmer. This gives my face that just-fell-in-love-flush.
- Angel: Champagne nude shimmer. Hello highlighter.
- Lo-Fi: Light bronze matte. For a gentle warming of the skin. Works on the eyes, as well.
- Hush: Light pink with gold shimmer. I haven't played with this one all that much, yet but it is very pretty.
- OC: Pale peach with pink shift. Okay, my camera is a dick. I tried to get this one colour true on my skin but all my camera wanted to see was the shift. If I was trying to capture the shift, it would be nowhere. I honestly believe that my camera loves to troll me. Anyway, this is really lovely on the face.
My overall assessment of the Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Blush Palette is that it is gorgeous. I love the packaging, the cheek colours are versatile, beautifully pigmented and blend into the skin like a dream. While the $45.00 price tag may feel a little hefty, this palette contains a good deal of product and I would have paid a lot more to buy the same amount of product in individual compacts. This palette is a winner in every aspect and I am so happy that I bought it.
Urban Decay cosmetics are cruelty free.
If you would like to pick up the Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Blush Palette it is currently available at Sephora, Ulta Beauty and other paces you find Urban Decay. Have you picked up this glorious thing? What do you think of it? Are you as big a fan as I?
//affiliate//when you shop by clicking trusted affiliate links and ads I earn a small commission that helps to support this blog. thank you//