//affiliate links in use//After weeks of languishing on the wait list, I got the call. My name had finally come up to get my first Play! by Sephora Monthly Beauty Subscription Box. The service is $10. a month and includes six mid tier to high end snack sized beauty goodies with which to Play! You never know what will come your way and half of the fun of a service like this is the surprise. Shall we take a tour of the box and the goodies contained within?
On my doorstep landed a smallish (a little bigger than a salad plate), square box decorated in Sephora's signature black and white stripes. I put one of my staging flowers on top in the first shot because address. Cut the spiffy, striped tape and lift the lid and you will see a large, folded sheet printed with the current month's theme and the products contained within and info about them. There is a card attached that entitles the holder to a free mini service in store and fifty additional points when a purchase is made. Tragically, I can't use the card, myself as Sephora still refuses to build a store for me, in my area. *sigh* *alas! alack!*
Under the info sheet is a woven fabric drawstring bag pulled with a black grosgrain ribbon. Each bag is printed with cute pictures and kisses in that month's theme which for July is Effortless Summer. Mmm... Popsicle!
How about a look see at the contents of the bag?
- Ouai Wave Spray: A 5oz. spray is $26.00. I live in a nonstop battle royal with my wurls and I wonder, will this help? I'm excited to find out.
- Benefit Dew the Hoola Soft Matte Liquid Bronzer. A full size is $28.00. I swatched this. Not sure about it, yet. I'll have to woman up and get it on my face.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: The full size is $36.00. I have been wanting to try this primer for years, so this sample is welcome, indeed.
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser: A 5oz. tube is $20.00. The claim is that this is good for all skin types, even dry. *knowing chuckle* Yeah... We'll see about that.
- Beautyblender Blotterazzi: A mirrored compact and two blotting sponges is $20.00. I received one sponge and a sip sized sachet packet of the Blender Cleanser liquid sponge/brush cleaner. I am not oily and rarely have to blot but the little dude may come in handy in some way.
- NEST Citrine: A 1.7 oz. Eau de Parfum spray is $68.00. I am not the biggest fan of NEST fragrances, as a rule. They are usually too "woody" for my taste. Citrine is "The dewy softness of lotus flower and freesia are set against sparkling citrus notes and hints of precious woods." Notes: Lemon Blossom, Lotus Flower, Freesia, Dew Drop Accord. Precious Woods. Style: Bright. Refreshing. Sparkling. Ya know what... I've tried a little of this sample, so far and it smells to me like a sun washed meadow. Soft, warm, fresh and gently floral and I don't detect the dreaded wood. I need to give it at least one more good try but so far, it's promising. Would I buy a rollerball or big bottle? Who knows what the future holds.
So there you have it, gentle reader. A rundown of my very first Play! By Sephora box. Overall, I'm pleased and I feel that I got my ten clam's worth, for sure. I am not stacking greasy BB's in a corner excited about this box, yet but almost all of my snack sized goodies will be happily consumed and I'm looking forward to August's offering. I'm hoping for some nice makeup type things, in addition to skin stuff. Just because I'm an old broad doesn't mean I just want skin care and ugly blue eye shadow. *I'm looking at you, Ipsy.*
Are you a recipient of Play! By Sephora Monthly Beauty Subscription service? What do you think of it, so far? Have you been/are you happy with it? If you're looking to partake, give us a click, head over and get on the wait list. Hopefully, your languish will be shorter than mine!
//affiliate links in use//