My Play! By Sephora Beauty Subscription Box for August | First Impressions
//affiliate links in use//purchasing through affiliate links supports this website//thank you//
So, it's nearing the end of August and I have my Play by Sephora box in my hot little hands and ready to share with my gentle readers. The theme for August is "The Eye Openers" and the contents is geared toward having fresher, prettier peepers.
Let's take a look at what's in da box, shall we?
Let us keep to a natural progression and begin with skin care then work out, from there.
- Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Eye Lifting Balm: 0.5 oz. $62.00. Lift and lifting in the same name... Now, that's just bad staff work. I haven't tried anything Caudalie, before so I am excited to get into this stuff, soon but it needs to wait it's turn as I'm in deep with testing a different eye cream.
- Lancome Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Glow Boosting Liquid Moisturizer. 1.69 oz. $55.00 Try shoving that name into a tweet! There'd be no room for rants or raves. Or my link. I included a bit of this in my skin care-a-thon, last night. The thin, semi clear gel like fluid felt quite lovely going on; cool and refreshing and it has a light, fresh, pretty scent that doesn't linger much past application. Is my skin transformed? Yeah. I look like one of those Jenner chicks, now.
- Makeup For Ever Artist Eye Shadow Full Size $21.00. Want to know what is more frustrating than trying to explain algebra to me? Trying to sort out or find a specific shade in the MUFE number/letter system. I tried. I really did try to narrow down what shade my snack sized Artist Shadow is. There are now huge clumps of hair all around me and I'm six sheets to the wind. Okay... Maybe I'm exaggerating. A little bit. But damn! I never did find, I think it's 6P01? The shadow is a shimmery cocoa with a bit of a rosy undertone. Perfect for the upcoming Fall season. The texture is lovely and it swatched like a dream.
- Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil 12 Hour Waterproof $10.00. I received the shade Flirting Game, a shimmery taupe with a hint of gold fleck. I really dig this shade! The texture is smooth, creamy enough to swatch like a dream but not so soft that it falls apart or melts on contact. I wore the swatch around until I needed to wash my hands, again. It survived soap and water but once I dried my hands, it came away on my towel. I call that a winner... I don't wash my eyes multiple times a day in soap and hot water so I think that this will wear very nicely, even on my hooded eyes.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara Full size is $22.00. I really, really, really like this mascara so I was thrilled to receive another sample. I've had snack sizes, a travel size that came in my Naked on the Run palette and I've purchased a full size. I like this formula in the full size but honestly, I prefer the snack size... I think it's just that little bit better.
- CLEAN Blonde Rose Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz. $90.00. I'm not so sure about this one. I like CLEAN fragrances, they are so fresh and lovely. Blonde Rose has notes that I love; Aldehydic Watery, Rose, Peony and Jasmine as well as musk. I'm okay with Sandalwood, as a supporting note but I'm not wild about Cedar. The top notes are pretty woody but once it dries down and the top notes fade the fragrance wears as a softly powdery floral with a warm hint of musk that I very much enjoy.
Swatches of the MUFE Artist Shadow and the Sephora Collection eye liner. Aren't they pretty? So wearable and easy. I'm going to enjoy these.
What do I think of my Play! By Sephora Beauty Subscription Box, this month? It's a hit. I'm always down to try new skin care, the makeup items are beautiful, good quality; I will make good use of them and all are in contention for future full sized purchases. I'm not crazy go nuts for the fragrance and I wouldn't consider buying it.
Play! By Sephora Beauty Subscription Box is a very affordable $10.00 a month and it beats Ipsy all hollow, in my not so humble opinion. It's easy to sign up for however, there is a waiting list on which I had to languish for well over a month before I got my fist shipment in July. So far, I'm happy with this service so we will be carrying on, together.
Are you subscribed to Play! By Sephora? What do you think of what you are receiving? If you haven't yet tried it, do you think that you will? Please do tell.
//affiliate links in use//