What I Bought During the Sephora VIB Rouge Sale
//affiliate links are in use//shopping through trusted affiliates helps support this site//
The Semi-Annual Sephora VIB Rouge Sale has come and gone and, if you read this post you know that I had (okay, still have) quite the beauty Loves List from which I culled some of my most wanted goodies to share with you. So... How did I do? How many of the pretties on my list did I snap up? More than I anticipated, as it turns out. I would have done even more damage but a couple of the items I shared were sold out by the time I was ready to pull the trigger on my order.
Sold out items aside, I think I did alright for myself. I stocked up on a few staples, bought some new to me goodies to try and treated myself to some lovely little splurgy items I don't usually buy unless I have a gift card or it's VIB sale time. Items marked with an asterisk were in my VIB Sale Wishlist post.
Shall we begin with skin care?
- Shiseido Facial Cotton is forever on my list and a frequent repurchase. I know... Ten bucks for cotton squares? But when you do Beauty Blogger Math, they aren't really all that much spendier than higher level drugstore facial cotton for a comparable number of units. Plus, they are so. soft! And I only use them for my face so...
- Josie Maran Glowing Argan Oil Skin Care Essentials* I have only sampled one item from this brand, a sachet of the Argan Exfoliating Cleansing Powder and I liked it so much that I decided to pick up this little kit of snack sized items to give the brand a good try.
- Clarisonic Luxe Facial Brush Head Cashmere Cleanse Ever since I got my Mia Fit I have wanted one of these uber soft brushes.
- Sunday Riley Flora Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil* I love facial oils and I have heard so many raves about this brand that I just had to try it for myself.
Masks! Hey, it was sale time so of course I had to stock up on masks. Sephora Collection Face Masks are so lovely, offer real results and they are super affordable, too. I always pick up a few when I place a Sephora order. The Rose are my favorite. I also love the Lotus and Avocado. I decided to grab a Honey, to try and a few of the Rose Eye Masks to test drive as well. I was intrigued by the Boscia Tsunaki Oil Deep Hydration Hydrogel Mask so I popped one into my cart so that I can see if it really is as hydrating as they claim. I'll let you know.
On to makeups. This is where the rubber met the road and I went a little nuts. Considering my wish list, I think that I showed pretty admirable restraint.
- Natasha Denona Eye Shadow Palette 5 - #8* Everyone is waxing rhapsodic over this brand's eye shadow formula and I finally couldn't stand it, any longer. I had to try! I thought that this little palette would be a good way to get acquainted with the brand.
- Dior Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer Powder* I try to treat myself to a little something Dior, each sale. I like this brand but I can't go crazy buying it, all of the time.
- BECCA Blushed With Light Palette* I love BECCA blushes and this palette treats me to three. Thankyouverymuch.
- I needed another tube of the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ and I decided to pick up the Illumination in my shade, as well. I thought that it would be nice to mix them for a bit more dewy, hydrated finish for Winter.
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick I received a tube of this foundation to try from Influenster. I adore the formula but the shade was a touch light for me so I bought one that I think will match me, better. I'll use the lighter shade for highlighting.
- And of course, since November is my Birthday Month, I snagged my Beauty Insider Birthday Gift.
Last but not least, we have fragrance. I love to buy little bottles and coffrets because I can try and enjoy more scents and I'm not buying big bottles of scent I may not love.
- Prada Candy Flowers Candy Kiss I couldn't resist this adorable little bottle and I had to try the scent. It was a little spendy for a mini but not out of line.
- Aerin Travel Matchbox Gift Set I have been reading the scent note descriptions and lusting after the gorgeous full sized bottles of these fragrances but I thought that it would be prudent to try the snack sizes, first and then invest in one or two that I really, really love.
- Elizabeth and James Find Your Nirvana Rollerball Set Same situation as above.
A bit of damage done. Just a bit? Whatever. I regret nothing.
So, of the thirteen items in my original wishlist post, I bought five. Not too shabby. What did you pick up in the VIB sale? Is Ben judging you as hard as he's judging me, right now?
Do you like haul posts? Should I do them, more often? Please tell me what you think.
//affiliate links are in use//