//affiliate links that help to support my blog are in use//
1 & 2. Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shampoo provides a lush, cushioning lather, clean rinse away and hair that is clean but not squeaky or stripped. Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Conditioner is thick and rich, very slippy for in shower detangling and comb out. My hair always feels so soft and a bit less frizzy when I use this conditioner. Add the lush, sweet, nutty scent and these are favorites, for sure.
3. L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm is a deep drink for my stressed tresses. It doesn't repair hair. Nothing does but this stuff does help to temporarily "glue" my strands back together and imparts mad shine and softness. Be careful using this in the shower, tho! 'Tis slippery.
4. OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Curling Hair Butter. This is a rinse out or leave in treatment that pours moisture into my thick, parched wurls. Frizz is tamped down, pretty waves and curls form and my hair feels soft but not in the least bit greasy or weighed down.
5. OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Creamy Hair Butter. Another fave for deep hydration and softening this crazy, dry, frizzy mop of mine.
7. I don't always C O (conditioner only) wash my hair but when I do, one of the conditioners I like for the job is OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner. Lightweight enough to effectively cleanse my hair, hydrating enough to leave it feeling soft and nicely moisturized, even if I skip a finishing conditioner. Oh! And it smells yummy, too!
8. OGX 02 Gravity Defying and Hydration Lifting Tonic. Sometimes, I just need a little extra volume at my roots! I recently lopped off almost a foot of terribly damaged length and got some layers to help encourage my natural wurls to behave but I still have long, heavy hair that can weigh the top down and leave it looking less than bouncy and bodified. Mist a little of this in at my roots, blow dry while directing my hair up and against my natural parting and hello, extra volume.
9. Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shine Oil Vial. Three dollars buys me a slender vial with a somewhat annoying stopper of thick, yummy smelling, nourishing, shine making hair oil goodness. A dine sized dollop run through my wet or dry hair and I get to enjoy that softness and shine. If you don't oil your hair, gentle reader, you really need to try it!
10. Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Unscented Hairspray. I adore this stuff and I've used it for years. I know that it's a tad spendy for a drugstore hairspray but it works exactly the way I want my hairspray to work. The mist is ultra fine and never spits or drips, it's fast dry and my hair stays in place but still has movement and shine and looks like hair, not a shellacked helmet. I can easily run a comb or a brush through my hair and it washes out without having to use a ton of shampoo or scrubbing my tresses to death. I buy can after can of this stuff. It's just that good.
These are some of my favorite affordable hair care products. Are any of these on your list? What are your favorites? Please do tell, in a comment.
This post is a collaboration with my fellow Makeup Wars bloggers. If you're curious about their budget hair care loves, click the links to their blogs, below. If you liked this post and found it helpful won't you give it a share? Sharing allows more people to see my work and I really appreciate it.